What is the OB dactyl?
OB® dactyl is a synthetic drug that uses as active principle a chemical compound called piperidolate hydrochloride, which belongs to a line of antispasmodic drugs that has an effect on smooth muscle motility.
To highlight: This pharmaceutical product is produced by the company named Laboratorios SANOFI AVENTI SA de CV (1)
What is the OB key used for?
- The OB® dactyl serves to decrease smooth muscle motility, mainly inhibiting prematurely increased uterine contractions, returning the tone of relaxation to the pregnant uterus.
- It is used to treat:
Dose and routes of administration of dactyl OB
The presentation of dactil OB® is in a box with 30 tablets containing 100 mg of piperidolate hydrochloride . The route of administration is oral and in addition, this medicine is well absorbed by the gastrointestinal tract.
The dose presented below is only indicative, since it must be your doctor who indicates it according to your health condition:
- Threat of preterm labor or abortion: 1 tablet every 6 hours until controlling uterine hypertonia.
- Dysmenorrhea: 1 tablet every 8 hours.
OB Finger Side Effects
The OB® dactyl can cause in some patients any of the following adverse effects :
- Possible allergic reactions due to contact with any component of the formula.
- Fever , ocular hypertension.
- constipation _
- Dry mouth.
- Possible bladder urgency .
- Bronchial, lacrimal and nasal hyposecretion.
Important: Stop taking this medication and tell your doctor if any of these symptoms or any not listed appear.
Contraindications and warnings of the OB finger
The use of dactil OB® is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to any of the formula’s components.
- In patients with severe hepatic insufficiency or severe renal insufficiency.
- Patients with narrow-angle glaucoma, since there is a risk of acute glaucoma crises.
- Acute Pulmonary Edema.
- Down syndrome patients .
- During the lactation period .
- Patients with hyperthyroidism.
- People suffering from pyloric stenosis.
- Women under 18 years of age.
You should know: Provide all the information to your doctor about your medical history, before starting therapy with dactil OB®.
Avoid if you have:
- paralytic ileus.
- Acute Pulmonary Edema.
- myocardial infarction .
- Follow your doctor’s instructions when starting treatment with dactil OB®.
- This pharmaceutical product must be administered by prescription or medical prescription.
- Products such as the OB® dactil should be kept out of the reach of children.
- Notify your doctor if you are being treated with other drugs for other diseases, before starting treatment with dactil OB®.
- Keep this medication stored in a cool, dry place.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.