What is Berniver?
Berniver ® is the registered trademark of a pharmaceutical manufacturing medication that uses mupirocin as active ingredient , a chemical compound belonging to the line of broad-spectrum natural antibiotic medications, with an effect on bacteria that cause infections in the body. (1)
To highlight: This pharmaceutical product is produced by the company named PRODUCTOS MAVER, SA DE CV . (two)
What is the Berniver used for?
- Thanks to the mechanism of action of its active antibiotic principle, berniver ® acts to inhibit the synthesis of bacterial proteins, through specific reversible binding to bacterial isoleucyl tRNA synthase. This bacteriostatic action at low concentrations and bactericidal action at high concentrations eliminates the bacteria that cause skin infections and their associated symptoms .
- It is used to treat:
Dosage and routes of administration of berniver
The presentation of berniver ® is in a 15 gr tube, which contains 2% ointment or ointment. The administration is through the skin and the dosage as a reference may be the following:
- Berniver® ointment for adults and children: Apply a small amount on the previously washed and dried affected area, three times a day.
berniver side effects
Data from clinical studies indicate that therapeutic treatment with berniver® may cause some of the following adverse effects in a certain patient population:
- Possible adverse reactions due to patient contact with any of the components of the formula.
- Itching, pain and burning sensation in the area of application.
- erythema and edema.
- Dry skin and contact dermatitis.
Important: If you notice the appearance of any of these symptoms during treatment with berniver®, please stop using it and consult your doctor .
Contraindications and warnings of berniver
The use of berniver® is contraindicated in any of the following circumstances:
- Patient hypersensitivity to any of the components of the formula.
- During pregnancy or breastfeeding , without medical supervision.
You should know: Provide all the information about your health history to your doctor, before starting treatment with this drug.
Avoid if you have:
- History of hypersensitivity to mupirocin.
- Pharmaceutical products such as berniver®, must be administered with prescription or medical prescription.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions during treatment with this drug.
- Avoid contact with eyes and other mucosa.
- It must be taken into account that it should not be used in infections caused by fungi or viruses.
- Keep this product out of the reach of children.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.