What is the arluy?
Arluy® is a medication that contains mebeverine (1) as an active ingredient , a chemical compound that belongs to the line of musculotropic antispasmodic drugs, with a localized effect on gastrointestinal smooth muscle without anticholinergic alterations, relieving spasms .
To highlight: This pharmaceutical product is made in Mexico by the company named ASOFARMA DE MÉXICO, SA de CV . (two)
What is the arluy for?
- Thanks to its main component and its mechanism of action, arluy® acts on the cellular contractility of the smooth muscles of the digestive and intestinal tract, decreases tone and peristalsis, relieving colic without affecting normal motility.
- It is used to treat:
- Some functional spastic disorders of the colon, including irritable bowel syndrome (irritable colon) and some of its symptoms such as persistent diarrhea , alternating periods of constipation and diarrhea, postprandial bloating and abdominal pain . (3)
- Spasms of the gastrointestinal system secondary to organic diseases.
- Crohn ‘s disease .
- Some disorders of the gallbladder and bile ducts.
- Gastric and duodenal ulcer .
Dosage and routes of administration of the arluy
The presentation of arluy® is in capsules containing mebeverine 200 mg. The administration of arluy® is orally and the indicative dosage can be as follows:
- Children over 15 years of age and adults: One capsule two or three times a day, preferably with meals.
Side effects of arluy
Treatment with arluy® may cause some of the following adverse reactions in a certain patient population:
- Possible allergic reactions due to contact with any component of the formula.
- Skin reactions.
- Headache cases.
- Dizziness and depression .
- Diarrhea and intestinal constipation.
Important: If any of these manifestations appear or another not described in this list, please stop treatment and consult your doctor .
Contraindications and warnings of the arluy
The use of arluy® is contraindicated in the following situations:
- Hypersensitivity to any component of the formula.
- In children under 15 years of age.
- In cases of mucoviscidosis and porphyria.
- During the pregnancy period.
- During breastfeeding .
You should know: Before starting treatment with this drug, provide all information about your health history to your doctor.
Avoid if you have:
- History of hypersensitivity to mebeverine.
- Pharmaceutical products such as arluy®, must be administered with prescription or medical prescription.
- This medication can affect some psychomotor abilities, so care must be taken in daily activities during its intake.
- Follow to the letter the therapeutic indications of your doctor, to avoid overdose.
- Do not mix this medicine with the consumption of drinks that contain alcohol.
- Keep this product out of the reach of children.
University Professional in the area of Human Resources, Postgraduate in Occupational Health and Hygiene of the Work Environment, 14 years of experience in the area of health. Interested in topics of Psychology, Occupational Health, and General Medicine.