What is the alin?
Alin® is a drug that belongs to the line of corticosteroid medications , manufactured by the company called Laboratorios Chinoin (1) and has dexamethasone as an active ingredient, indicated to reduce inflammation and intense allergic reactions.
What is the alin for?
- Glucocorticoid medicines such as alin® have an analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect for the treatment of certain forms of arthritis, skin disorders , disorders of the blood, kidneys, eyes , thyroid and digestive systems .
- It is used to treat:
- Allergies and asthma. (two)
- Autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and spondylitis.
- Edema, tumors and brain abscesses. (3)
- Synovitis, bursitis, lichen planus, and discoid lupus erythematosus.
- Ulcerative colitis.
- Cerebral edema.
- In dermatology conditions such as erythema multiforme, exfoliative dermatitis among others. (4)
- In some cases of adrenal insufficiency.
Dosage and routes of administration of alin
alin® comes in several presentations, including a 20 mL nasal solution , a 5 mL ophthalmic dropper , 0.5 and 0.75 mg tablets, and a 2 mL UPC vial with 8 mg of dexamethasone. The route of administration will depend on the therapy to be applied and the dosage is generally as follows:
- Alin® nasal: 1 to 2 drops in each nostril, every 3 to 4 hours.
- Alin® ophthalmic: Apply 2 to 3 drops in the affected eye and according to medical recommendation.
- Alin® tablets: In adults the usual dose is 0.75 to 9 mg daily, distributed according to medical recommendation. In children 0.024-0.34 mg/kg daily, in 4 doses per day orally.
- Alin® solution for injection: The usual dose is 0.5 to 20 mg per day, but not to exceed 80 mg. in infusion.
Alin Side Effects
alin® has adverse effects in some patients, which will be mentioned in the following list:
- Possible allergic reactions especially due to the content of sodium bisulfite in the solution for injection.
- Euphoria, psychosis and vomiting .
- Increased intraocular pressure.
- Insomnia , irritability and nervousness.
- Hyperglycemia and muscle weakness.
- Dizziness and headaches.
- Cushing’s syndrome (hormonal disorder caused by excessive exposure to cortisol).
- Peptic ulcer .
- Allergic dermatitis and angioneurotic edema.
- asthmatic episodes.
Important: If you experience any of the aforementioned effects, stop using alin® and consult your treating physician.
contraindications of alin
alin® is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to any of the components of the drug.
- In patients with arterial hypertension.
- In case of heart failure.
- Do not indicate if pregnancy is suspected or if you are lactating.
- In patients with psychosis who may present alterations.
To highlight: It is recommended to give information to your doctor about your health history , before starting treatment with alin®.
Avoid if you have:
- Mellitus diabetes.
- Renal insufficiency.
- This medication requires a prescription for administration.
- In prolonged treatments with alin®, you should perform a periodic review of urine, blood glucose, blood pressure and body weight.
- Do not exceed the dose recommended by your doctor.
- Keep this drug out of the reach of children.