What is agrifen?
Agrifen®is a combined synthetic drug, which belongs to the anti-flu line and is composed of several active ingredients such asparacetamol, chlorphenamine (chlorphenamine maleate), phenylephrine hydrochloride and caffeine, developed to combat and relieve the symptoms of influenza, thanks to itsanalgesic, antipyretic and antihistamine effect.
To highlight: This drug is manufactured by the company calledPharmaceutical PiSA. (1)
What is agrifen for?
- Due to its active compounds, agrifen® has theability to inhibit the presence of histamine (an amine substance that produces flu-like symptoms due to immune system responses), also prevents the action of prostaglandins, for the benefit of the patient’s health.
- It is used to treat:
Dosage and routes of administration of agrifen
This pharmaceutical product comes in a box with10 tablets, patches and powder (agrifen T®), with oral administration. On the other hand, the doses of agrifen® are usually the following:
- Adults: 2 tablets at the beginning and 1 tablet every six to eight hours, as medically indicated.
- In children from 6 to 12 years old: On average to one tablet every 8 hours, at the discretion of the doctor.
agrifen side effects
Treatment with agrifen® can cause some of the following adverse effects in certain patients :
- Allergic reactions due to contact with any of its components.
- Urinary retention .
- Lack of appetite or epigastric discomfort.
- Dryness of nasal secretions.
- Arterial hypertension.
- excessive sweating
Important: Stop treatment with agrifen® and consult your doctor, if you notice the appearance of any of these symptoms or any other not included in the list.
Contraindications and warnings of agrifen
Agrifen® is contraindicated in these cases:
- Hypersensitivity to any of the components of agrifen®.
- Prostatic hypertrophy (enlarged prostate disorder).
- type I diabetes
- During pregnancy.
You should know: Provide Informationabout your medical historybefore starting treatment with agrifen®.
Avoid if you have:
- Medication with central nervous system (CNS) depressant drugs.
- Cardiac arrhythmia.
- Arterial hypertension without medical supervision.
- Peptic ulcer .
- Do not exceed the dose indicated by your doctor, since it can alter the CNS.
- Do not administer without a prescription.
- Do not administer to children under 6 years of age.
- Do not administer during the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Store in a dry and cool place.